Spice FM is community radio station operating on FM and online in Tyneside. This vibrant and exciting project is based in the hot bed of diversity in the heart of the West End of Newcastle broadcasting content relevant to the South Asian and other Diverse communities of the city. The station is a volunteer led project made up of the local community who are from all walks of life including the community at large. In addition to the radio station the project also operates a real live professional recording studio based alongside its offices in the iconic ‘Beacon’ building on Westgate Road.
Spice FM is looking for a very special individual to help run a very special organisation. We are looking for person who has a passion for music, media, technology and community but also has an extremely good sense of business, commerciality and most of all an entrepreneur. Someone who will be brought in at the ground level to help fulfill the huge potential Spice FM has and the equally huge potential the successful applicant has too to excel within this environment.
If the above excites you… then read on…
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB:
To assist the management team and board of directors in the operation of the radio station.
Reports To: Station Manager (s) / Board
DUTIES AND KEY
· To provide support to new and existing volunteers both on air and off air in content and technical so that they can deliver their shows or other duties effectively.
· To ensure smooth operation of the station including programming of live shows and pre recorded content but also general technical maintenance.
· To deal with day to day general admin tasks including keeping office and studio spaces in a clean and very organized manner, updating website, social media updates, simple technical and operational maintenance.
· Looking for new and developing existing funding streams which currently include advertising, grant funding and events
· Maintain and develop further relationships with all of our existing partner organisations and look to develop new exciting ties with like minded organisations
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Very Good computer skills and to be competent in packages such as Microsoft word, excel, outlook etc as well be able to use image editing software such as photoshop, illustrator or equivalent.
· To be very comfortable with new technology and have some sort of technical ability. Essential to be a quick and effective learner in a technical field
· Ability to work quickly, efficiently and to an excellent standard with some sort of previous experience in management and leading a team
· Ability to work to deadlines and be effective under pressure
· To have sound planning, organisation and administration skills
· To have creative flair and entpreneurial skills to develop new activities in different areas and new income streams
· To have experience in the private sector sales and or BTB sales activity
· Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to changing circumstances
· Ability to work and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people
· Able to work as part of a team but also be highly motivated to work alone using own initiative
· Administrative and record keeping skills
Working in a Managerial role leading a team
Working in a BTB environment
KNOWLEDGE (preferred not essential)
· Can speak and / or understand a South Asian language; Urdu, Punjabi, Hindi or Bengali
· Basic knowledge and understanding of workings of a mixer, mics and simple sound equipment set ups
· Writing grant applications
· Knowledge of some form of sales
· Knowledge of the workings of a radio station; technical and organisational
· Creative and content writing
· Competent with CMS for websites and social media platforms
· Financial reporting
TO APPLY EMAIL YOUR CV TO: firstname.lastname@example.org